Saturday, February 14, 2015

New Interview of Jamie with Glamour UK



Jamie on... being GLAMOUR's Sexiest Man of The Year

"That's about as sexy as I do I'm afraid. Well, it's a really plethora of looks … very good. Thank you."

Jamie Dornan on… what he's bored of being asked in interviews

"Ha! I'm most bored - I wouldn't say bored, I understand why people are asking it, but the one I'm finding difficult to answer is 'are you ready for this?' 'Are you ready for the madness?' and 'are you ready for the attention?, all that stuff because actually there is no answer. I don't know how to answer it - if there is anything I can do tangibly be ready for what's gonna happen, y'know?"

Jamie on… Fifty Shades changing his life

"I guess people recognise you in the street more, maybe that occurs. My thing is, and I take great comfort in the fact that the very core things in my life and the things that keep me normal - and I say this outside of being an actor, I mean in general if I wasn't an actor -  the things that I care about most are my family and my mates. I love both, and I've had the same group of mates since I was a kid and that doesn't change, so essentially those things, and my answer is that I don't think my life will change because those things don't."

Jamie on… his mates not getting a chance to poke fun/celebrate his new role

"There were varied responses. I mean, we had a situation where, when I found out I was doing it, within four/five days we moved to Vancouver. My wife was heavily pregnant so we had to get out there before she couldn't fly anymore and get out there and have our Canadian baby. And then we were filming within four weeks of that, so there wasn't really a lot of time … I talked it through with the boys, and I'll understand why some of them WON'T want to see it. But some of them are going to be supportive too."

Jamie on… his beard being a disguise for all the attention

"It'd be kind of a silly move to see it as camouflage now because I'm doing all this press for it, so I'm going to be stood there on the red carpet tonight - unless I choose to shave it in the next few hours."

Jamie on… beard or no beard?

"It's potentially for another project, where I might need it and I don't want to shave it off just in case. But also I find it more comfortable - it's bred out of laziness - I don't enjoy the act of shaving. I find it really tedious and I don't understand how guys do it every day."

Jamie on … B&Q

"I LOVE going to B&Q. I love it. You end up coming back with stuff you don't go in for, and I find it interesting. But yeah, look, I'm not going to be in there looking for cable ties and rope and those things, unless I need them - not for those purposes but y'know what I mean - but I actually hope I don't end up not being able to go there because I do love a good DIY shop, although I'm awful at DIY."

Jamie on… receiving advice from fellow actors

"I have very close actor friends who are all, for the most part, in a good part professionally and personally for most of them. It is good to draw on that - we all do that, we all talk to each other about work a lot and in a very non-competitive way and that's the really nice thing about it. I think I've siphoned out the good guys out of the group, and yeah I talk to a few guys about some of the stuff like that. Essentially it's your decision, and you take that on yourself - you constantly trust your your agents, your wife, your friends, all of those people that help you make your friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment